Mission of RETC Tanzania.
- To Promote a "Teaching Factory" approach in Tanzania
- To provide Research and Training on Renewable Energy Technologies
- To promote Local and Regional Capacity building on Renewable Energy Technologies
- To build entreprenurial skills to students on Renewable Energy Technologies.
- To provide blended Learning using MOOC
Vission of RETC Tanzania
- Becoming the leading center for Renewable Energy Technology Tenter in Tanzania.
Objectives of RETC Tanzania
The project objectives are:
- Complete 6 secondments of DIT academic staff to industrial partners to identify the gaps in the teaching curriculum and to record best practices.
- Conduct applied training to at least 60 students (EE and RET students) from DIT and other local This will involve industrial partners teaching part of the course.
- Organise one RE business and technology incubator for 50 final year students in EE and RET co-developed with partners from the SME company REX-Energy and the NGO TaTEDO.
- Organise one "DIT-Industry Renewable Energy forum" to disseminate knowledge.
- Organise two dissemination workshops at the spoke universities